You are hereHome / San Antonio and CPS Energy Partner with GreenStar LED
San Antonio and CPS Energy Partner with GreenStar LED
San Antonio, Texas has selected GreenStar to supply LED streetlights for its city of over 1.6 million people. The first phase of the project includes 25,000 fixtures to be delivered over 12 months. The massive deployment will soon be underway and is one of the largest LED projects in the US to date.
Mayor Julian Castro and Doyle Beneby, CPS Energy President and CEO, the largest municipally owned gas and electric utility company in the US, have teamed up to pioneer an initiative known as “The New Energy Economy.” The goal is to use a diverse group of eco-friendly, energy-saving, and energy-producing technologies to make San Antonio the greenest city in Texas.
The framework is to trade inefficient technologies for modern, clean technology in hopes to better the environment and the economy.
Read more about this story from these other news sources:
- CPS Energy: San Antonio Positioning to be at the Forefront of New Energy Economy in U.S.
- Kyte.tv: NOWcastSA Video
- my SA: Five Companies Partner with CPS Energy
- San Antonio Business Journal: CPS Energy unveils strategy to produce cleaner power
- PR Newswire: San Antonio Positioning to Be at the Forefront of New Energy Economy in U.S.
- my SA: Company With Global Outlook Moving to SA
- LEDs Magazine: Green Star LED awarded 25,000-street-light conversion project in San Antonio